If your teeth have developed cavities, a dental filling can help! Rosedale Dental Studio offers tooth-colored dental fillings to restore your damaged teeth and help you regain a healthy smile. Call 661-501-4746 today to make an appointment and find out more about how dental fillings in Bakersfield, California, can help our dentist, Dr. Nicole Chen, give you back your smile.
What is a dental filling?
Dental fillings are a simple dental restoration, typically recommended to repair minor to moderate tooth damage, such as that caused by cavities or cracking. They work by literally “filling in” the damaged area of the tooth to restore its strength and appearance. While silver amalgam fillings have historically been used to repair teeth, Dr. Nicole Chen and team use only composite, or tooth-colored, filling material to give you the most natural-looking final result possible.
What does treatment involve?
When you receive a dental filling, Dr. Nicole Chen will first prepare your tooth for the filling, removing any damaged areas and thoroughly cleaning it to remove all traces of decay. The filling material is then placed into the treatment area and shaped to match the contours of the tooth. Dr. Nicole Chen will then harden and polish the tooth to complete your treatment. This can all be completed in a single appointment.
Benefits of composite fillings.
Composite dental fillings offer many benefits, including:
- A treatment material that bonds with and provides greater support for your tooth.
- Reduced risk of the tooth breaking in the future.
- Insulation from hot and cold temperature changes.
- Increased resistance to decay and leaks.
- The ability to correct even the smallest of cavities.
- Fillings that can be repaired and replaced without being removed from the tooth.
- A safer treatment option that promotes better overall health.